As the news often reminds us, security is absolutely paramount for companies--especially ones that handle customers' personal data--and security experts are always in demand. Through this course, you'll learn how to tighten up security on any
Linux system, adding a valuable skill to your IT resume.
- Access 57 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Prevent attackers from breaking into your systems, even when they have physical access to your machine
- Enforce strong password policies & control
- Learn SSH Hardening practices & network security tactics
- Understand port scanning & network service detection
- Share accounts securely w/ an audit trail
- Discover file system security & encryption
Jason Cannon is a professional system administrator, consultant, and author. Jason started his career as a Unix and Linux System Engineer in 1999. Since that time he has utilized his Linux skills at companies such as Xerox, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.com. Additionally, he has acted as a technical consultant and independent contractor for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies. Jason has professional experience with CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu. He has used several Linux distributions on personal projects including Debian, Slackware, CrunchBang, and others. In addition to Linux, Jason has experience supporting proprietary Unix operating systems including AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris. He enjoys teaching others how to use and exploit the power of the Linux operating system. He is also the author of the books "Linux for Beginners" and "Command Line Kung Fu."
For more details on this course and instructor, click here
. This course is hosted by StackSkills, the premier eLearning destination for discovering top-shelf courses on everything from coding—to business—to fitness, and beyond!