Over 30,000 students have taken this course as their first step to programming excellence—it’s your turn. Learn to write Python programs like a pro, solve real-world problems, and automate repetitive and complex tasks with this detailed course. You’ll be able to create Python scripts with ease, and turn tedious and repetitious tasks into efficient processes. You’ll save time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems.
- Learn when to use Python 2 & when to use Python 3 w/ 77 lectures & 3 hours of content
- Understand how to install Python on Windows, Mac & Linux
- Get introduced to suggested text editors & integrated development environments
- Work w/ data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans & more
- Study what variables are & how to use them
- Perform mathematical operations
- Capture input from a user & control the flow of your programs
- Know the importance of white space
- Study what modules are, when you should use them & how to create your own
- Define & use functions (including important built-in functions)
- Understand the difference between binary & text files
Jason Cannon is a professional system administrator, consultant, and author. Jason started his career as a Unix and Linux System Engineer in 1999. Since that time he has utilized his Linux skills at companies such as Xerox, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.com. Additionally, he has acted as a technical consultant and independent contractor for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies. Jason has professional experience with CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu. He has used several Linux distributions on personal projects including Debian, Slackware, CrunchBang, and others. In addition to Linux, Jason has experience supporting proprietary Unix operating systems including AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris. He enjoys teaching others how to use and exploit the power of the Linux operating system. He is also the author of the books "Linux for Beginners" and "Command Line Kung Fu."
For more details on this course and instructor, click here
. This course is hosted by StackSkills, the premier eLearning destination for discovering top-shelf courses on everything from coding—to business—to fitness, and beyond!